Blood Pressure Assessment and Solutions| Kerry Keegan | Custom PanelsRegular price $160.00 Sale price $97.00 Save $63.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
These two panels look at possible factors contributing to High Blood Pressure and their treatments.
The causes of high blood pressure may surprise you. If you are not already among the 1 in 3 adults with high blood pressure in the U.S. — or about 75 million people — the odds are that without intervention, you will have high blood pressure at some point in your life.
The medical term for high blood pressure is hypertension. Unfortunately, many confuse this word as being related to feelings of anxiety or nervous tension. While such feelings certainly can cause high blood pressure in some people, anxiety is not the only cause of this condition. In reality, a number of other factors have been identified as contributing to high blood pressure, including, but not limited to:
• Insulin and leptin resistance. As your insulin and leptin levels rise, it causes your blood pressure to increase
• Metabolic syndrome. Identified as a group of risk factors that put you at risk for heart disease, diabetes and stroke. Metabolic syndrome is now also recognized as a contributor to high blood pressure.
Facts About High Blood Pressure
- One in three U.S. adults has high blood pressure
- Nearly a third of people with hypertension don’t know they have the condition
- Over 40 percent are not being treated
- Nearly a third of people with hypertension don’t know they have high blood pressure symptoms
The panel items are based on the Functional Medicine model and the work Dr. Joseph Mercola. 47 Items in total
Source: Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA, 2003)
Functional Medicine looks at the causes of high blood pressure a bit differently that American Medical Association. www.articles.mercola.com